Using effective key home selling strategies will certainly be worthwhile to reach your ultimate goal. Whether you’re in a hot residential real estate market that heavily favors sellers with tight inventory. Or, in a buyer’s market which gives homebuyers more leverage, you need to employ every advantage. This means putting forth your best effort to make your house stand out from its competition. So, let’s take a look at some proven key home selling strategies.
Pre-Listing Home Selling Steps to Take
Before we get the the top key home selling strategies, let’s first address how to begin the journey. Your house must make a positive impression from the first moment it hits the MLS. So, do yourself a huge favor and schedule a pre-listing inspection. This way, you’ll not only have another marketing tool to attract buyers, but also, you’ll be alerted to any existing or possible material defects. Also, you need to stage the house. That means depersonalizing it. Don’t leave personal effects or items anywhere in sight. Take time to rearrange the furniture to maximize traffic flow a visual appeal. (Float the furniture away from the walls and around an area rug, for instance.)
“Given the high stakes of real estate, a buyer doesn’t want to be the only one interested in a house. By pricing your property on the lower end of the value range, you could stimulate interest among more than one buyer and create a herd mentality. Also, if you’re under the gun to sell quickly, this would be a good option.” —Reader’s Digest
Once it’s staged, then do a deep clean, and disinfect every single surface in the house. Don’t leave a nook or cranny untouched because buyers will certainly notice the tiniest of flaws. Open the window treatments to let the light shine in and give the curb appeal some pop. Only once these steps are done should you take listing photos. This way, buyers will see it at its best and put it on their must-see lists.
5 Key Home Selling Strategies to Know
Now, onto the top key home selling strategies. The property must not only show well, but project a positive image. And, it’s got to be in-line with the market. Otherwise, it might become a stale listing and that’s a really bad scenario. Here’s are the keys to getting your home sold:
- Set a realistic asking price. As just mentioned, the listing price must be in-line with the local market. If you price it too high, it won’t come up in searches for homes in that actual price range. And, buyers who see it will know it’s overpriced — which means they’re highly likely to avoid it.
- Present it in the best condition. We’ve talked about staging above. And, while you can go the DIY route, it’s statistically proven staged homes outperform their unstanged counterparts. Also, you could make some serious mistakes by not hiring a professional.
- Post eye-catching photos and videos. Post only the best listing photos and videos online. Remember, your competition will put forth their best efforts and so should you to make your home attractive.
- Make the house accessible and available. Although it’s inconvenient, you need to keep your schedule flexible to show your house at any given time. Sure, it’s a pain but it’s also necessary.
- Cast a super-wide, diverse marketing net. Market your house on multiple online platforms and also through social media. The more exposure in the more places, the bigger and better the reach and impact.
If you’re going to sell your home in the near future and buy a new house, please don’t hesitate to phone me at 407-616-7286, I’ll be happy to speak with you.