OK, after The Advocate gave Orlando brownie points in its list of top Gayest cities in America because of its active participation in the Gay Softball League I just had to write about all of the great sporting events that happen in Orlando.
Yes the stereotype might be that gay men don’t tend to play much sport, but this isn’t always true, many members of the GLBT community lead active lives and participate in sports.
Orlando has such a fabulous climate that you will find that there is plenty of sports on offer right here in the center of the Sunshine State!
If you are looking at relocating to “The City Beautiful” (Orlando) and are curious about what the city has to offer for sports fans then look no further! Here is the low down on what sports/sporting events/teams are available in Orlando:
2. Florida Citrus Bowl – Just west of downtown is the huge open air stadium which is home to Football teams and also has been used for concerts, international soccer play as well as monster trucking.
3. Orlando Sports Center – offering everything from amateur basketball to beach volleyball right in central Orlando.
4. The Central Florida Softball League – As mentioned, the Gay friendly softball league!
5. Central Florida Sports Commission – Promoting Orlando to the state, country and the world.
6. AAU – The Amateur Athletic Union – offering numerous sports for many age groups, headquartered right here in Orlando.
7. USSSA – The United States Specialty Sports Association – the largest multisport athletic association in the world is right here in Orlando and offers 14 sports from softball and baseball to basketball and karate.
8. UCF Knights – UCF offers numerous sports for its Knights, but its basketball team and football team are the best known.
9. Spring Training – Who doesn’t like watching a beefy baseball player swing a bat at a leather ball? Osceola Heritage Park is home for the Houston Astros and ESPN’s Wide World of Sports is home to the Atlanta Braves.
10. Orlando City Soccer – with such a multicultural environment with Europeans and South Americans living in the metro area no wonder the city has its own Soccer team!
This isn’t even to mention Golf! Orlando is one of the top Golfing destinations in the world thanks to the high number of courses within the metro area as well as the gorgeous weather offering year round play.
If you are looking to find out more about Orlando, perhaps live in a Golfing community – get in touch today!
Of course, you may not be a sports person, but you can still have fun enjoying it as a spectator!
With Orlando being such a great place to live and having a very welcoming LGBT community and many friendly neighborhoods, the metro Orlando area is the perfect relocation destination. If you are considering relocating to Orlando and are looking for a beautiful property in the area contact Steve Glose for professional Orlando Real Estate advice.